Preps-Prinergy Evo Spot Color Issue

lostmind

I just switched over from a company using RamPage to one using Prinergy Evo & Preps 5.3.1 so bear with me as I'm still learning. Everything works fine if I'm ripping anything as 4 color process, but when it comes to spot colors, this is where the problem starts.

I first rip my customers' pdf through Evo and it creates the "new" pdf.
I open the "new" pdf and it looks fine.
I open Preps and bring the "new" pdf in.
I set up my imposition and go to preview.
The Preps preview of my imposition shows either a blank page with crop marks or a couple images or text with most of the rest missing. I thought this was maybe just a preview problem with Preps, but when I print to PDF, I get what I see...nothing or part.

The most confusing part is it works perfectly fine on a PC but I'm on a Mac G5. Is there something on the Mac side or something in Preps that would cause this??? Doesn't make sense... Thanks for any help!

Update:

I noticed in another thread about a "Level 1 Preview". Can someone shed some light on what that is/means?

Shumani

Shumani

before u preview the pdf in Preps, select the 'color setup' and select convert spots to process, then preview. Also print to a VPS to check your imposed files to get a more accurate reflection of the pdf.

hope it helps!!

. Also print to a VPS to check your imposed files to get a more accurate reflection of the pdf.

Absolutely correct. I love preps but do not care for the preview function. I always run my .pjtf through the VPS to really find out what's what.

The recommended workflow is print to PJTF and check your imposed files with the VPS. Don't check in Preps. It will work well in PC and Mac of this form with independence of which platform you use to work.

Preps-Prinergy_slugline

Preps-Prinergy_slugline

Hello!
I'm new with Preps and PrinergyEvo and a strange thing is happening...

In the process Output from Imposition to VPS, the slugline (added on Preps), works good, the Job name and the comments appear as I write.
But when I use the same process in a Workflow, the comments don't appear.

Does anyone knows why??
I tried the same process individually and then in the workflow.

Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back