Preps sheet size device

macphenom

The sheet size device has been a godsend for me due to the fact that we tend to move jobs alot from press to press. My only
complaint is the fact you lose all marks outside the press sheet, which I suppose should disappear since they are not on the press sheet
however don't you think it would dawn on Kodak that at least the side guide marks should not be cut off? Has anyone heard if a upcoming release may fix this problem?
Preps 5.3 user, Rampage workflow.

Re: Preps sheet size device

I think your only option would be to make your template size bigger than your sheet size. Make it the sheet size plus the distance that you need to have the marks included. For example sheet size plus one inch on all sides. We actually make our templates the same size as the plate size but this requires you to make different templates for each size of plate you use.

It wouldn't matter what size the template is would it? The press sheet size is all that prints. Just asking because my templates are plate size, sheet size is smaller and just tried yesterday printing proofs with sheet size selected and nothing outside the sheet size shows up.

You could make your sheet size larger than it actually is to include marks outside of the actual sheet size but that would throw off your sideguide marks and kind of defeat the purpose.

I was wishing the same thing, maybe a Template Size option to go along with Press Sheet size?

I'm doing tiling to a film imagesetter, but would like to print full size proofs, so I selected Press Sheet size and that works but lost all my flat identifier marks that are outside the press sheet. Workaround was to create a new Profile with tiling turned off and print a separate file out for proofing.

Can't wait to go CTP and be done with tiling!

Terry

> {quote:title=Prepper wrote:}{quote}
> It wouldn't matter what size the template is would it? The press sheet size is all that prints. Just asking because my templates are plate size, sheet size is smaller and just tried yesterday printing proofs with sheet size selected and nothing outside the sheet size shows up.
>
> You could make your sheet size larger than it actually is to include marks outside of the actual sheet size but that would throw off your sideguide marks and kind of defeat the purpose.
>
> I was wishing the same thing, maybe a Template Size option to go along with Press Sheet size?
>
> I'm doing tiling to a film imagesetter, but would like to print full size proofs, so I selected Press Sheet size and that works but lost all my flat identifier marks that are outside the press sheet. Workaround was to create a new Profile with tiling turned off and print a separate file out for proofing.
>
> Can't wait to go CTP and be done with tiling!
>
> Terry

It should work as long as your marks are inside the template. Press sheet size prints the entire template, whatever size it is. If your marks are beyond the outer edge of the template they will be gone. At least this is the way it works for me. Our marks are on the plates we output.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back