Preps Update for Mac OS X Mavericks

Tommyjt

Preps version 6.1 is currently installed. I upgraded to Mac OS X Mavericks and it crashes immediately.
Does anyone know what version works and where I can download an update?

Thank you.

Well, I think I answered my own question.
Version 6.3 launches fine in 10.9. The update is available through the Kodak Partner Place, although I had to call Kodak to clear the error in my account (whatever that means).
The only issue that is pending is it won't find the floating license.
The search for answers continues.

Seems a bit early to be adopting Mavericks.

Programs I use that are not compatible:

Pitstop 10
Epson Scan
Printsmith
Freehand MX (11)
Eye-One Match

All these require spending quite a bit of money to get compatible on Mavericks. Doesn't seem to be financially reasonable just to have the newest operating system.

But hey everyones environment is different and to each his own.

You are absolutely correct, it is a bit early to adopt Mavericks.
That is why I reverted back to my older OS already.
Hey, it was slow and I had the time to try it out, no harm done.
I have to say that my system as a whole was running great with 10.9, just the incompatibilities of the Kodak stuff that smacked me down.

So what I have done is partitioned a drive and installed Mavericks on that, then installed all of my production software that I could. Having done so, I was quickly able to see just how FUBAR trying to run Mavericks really would have been. So instead, I use that partition to play FPS games on my lunch break. Its a win-win!

Seems a bit early to be adopting Mavericks.

Programs I use that are not compatible:

Pitstop 10
Epson Scan
Printsmith
Freehand MX (11)
Eye-One Match

All these require spending quite a bit of money to get compatible on Mavericks. Doesn't seem to be financially reasonable just to have the newest operating system.

But hey everyones environment is different and to each his own.

Wow Freehand MX! There's a blast from the past.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back