Prinergy 4.0 Compatible with Mac OS 10.6

dkinsac

We need to upgrade from OS 10.4.11 to 10.6, I'm wondering if there will be any issues with Prinergy 4.0, Preps 5.3, Acrobat 7 with the Kodak plugins. Maybe even InDesign CS3 with HP SmartStream which we use for Variable Data. Anybody know of any problems we need to be aware of? Thanks!

Prinergy 4 comp w 10.6

Prinergy 4 comp w 10.6

I'm not sure of all the specifics but I know that there are issues with the version of Java. I think you will need to install Java 1.5 update 7 (but not update 8?). There are some threads on this on the GUA/Kodak forums.

I use Prinergy Evo 4.0.67 and when I launch the Template editor I get a warning about requiring version 1.3 and I must click Use 1.5 on OSX 10.5.7. Also the Prinergy plug-ins for may have issues with the latest version of Acrobat.

Prinergy Issues

Prinergy Issues

I recently started working on a new iMac with 10.6 installed on it. I did run into the Java problem as noted earlier. Also VPS is not working correct, I can't change preferences and assign special colors to undefined colors, as a quick reference it works ok, but not for much in the way of detail. another issue is when the Job window is open in workshop it occasionally looses the menus in the menu bar, but all you have to do is highlight the main Workshop window and they reappear. Other than those minor issues everything seems to work fine.

We need to upgrade from OS 10.4.11 to 10.6, I'm wondering if there will be any issues with Prinergy 4.0, Preps 5.3, Acrobat 7 with the Kodak plugins. Maybe even InDesign CS3 with HP SmartStream which we use for Variable Data. Anybody know of any problems we need to be aware of? Thanks!

There was a java update on 10.6.x that broke Prinergy Workshop 4 at a client location. I'll have to see if I can dig up the information. Don't know that I can though, it's been a little while.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back