Prinergy EVO Hi-res print JTP problem

KamilT

Hi all,

We are using Prinergy Evo 5.3 for some years. From yesterday we have problem with hi-res printing jtp processor. Jobs are stopping and waiting just before entering processor. If we set priority to "urgent", data are raster immediately without problems. We have free space on the disk, resource monitoring is not reporting any others tasks, memory use is low, no heavy disk load, nothing, nothing ... All temp folders purged, job history purged, no change at all. Others JTP works just fine. OS is Windows Server 2008.
Day before we switch off all systems due to planned electricity power cut, but operators says that all system was shut down in advance and no problems was with powering on.
We can try rebuild entire volume from backup (thursday), but at first, i am asking for any experiences here, as we want avoid rebuild/reinstall if possible.
Thank you all in advance,
all the best,
Kamil T.

Have you looked at the administrator “resets”, such as Level 1 Reset etc? Be careful, as the reset numbers increase, more data is purged from the system. Generally a level 1 reset is safe enough, but perhaps backup first etc.

Stephen Marsh

Hello Stephen,

thank you for your advice, Level 2 did resolve my problem.
Again, thank you very much,

KamilT

Hello Stephen,

KamilT

Thank you for the feedback, glad this worked and I hope that the level 2 reset did not purge any critical info (I don’t currently have access to Prinergy and I can’t remember what the level 2 reset does).

Stephen Marsh

Thank you for the feedback, glad this worked and I hope that the level 2 reset did not purge any critical info (I don’t currently have access to Prinergy and I can’t remember what the level 2 reset does).

Stephen Marsh

Hello Stephen,

everything was OK, nothing important was lost, we can continue work as usual. We did backup, as you suggested, just to be sure, but no problem occured.

KamilT

Hello Stephen,

KamilT

A warning for whoever will try this. Level #3 reset is equivalent with a new Evo installation - all settings and templates will be lost. Do not attempt without a backup.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back