Prinergy Evo will not start

Sev

When I go start our Prinergy Evo server, the screen says: "Prinergy Evo is starting". Then it just hangs there, and does not go beyond that point. Usually it will say how many server processes are running (30 of 30). At one point it finally said: Prinergy Evo is running. However no clients can connect. I have restarted the box a few times, with no luck. At one point it came up with a dongle test screen. The dongle is lit up, so it appears to be working.
This is version 5.1.6.11 of Prinergy Evo, which is only used to drive our Kodak Trendsetter CTP.
Any ideas and help on this would be most appreciated, since at the point we cant make plates.
Thanks in advance.

-Sev

Try removing the dongle.
Then start Prinergy. Insert when prompted......Then Restart Prinergy

Try removing the dongle.
Then start Prinergy. Insert when prompted......Then Restart Prinergy

Thanks, hansman! I did get it to work after a lot of restarts of the computer. But I think you were on the right track, and I suspect that it was a dongle issue. I am guessing the first few times Prinergy didnt recognize the dongle. Next time this happens, I will try your suggestion.
Again, thanks!

-Sev

Next one try reset Evo in Tools Tab of Prinergy Evo Administrator. You can choose option 1 or 2 without problems. Don´t try option 3 or you can lose all the configuration.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back