Prinergy or Prinect

rickix84

Hello all,
I am evaluating to pass from prepage.it ti prinect or prinergy, but I really don't have an idea.

Your impression.

Thnaks

Riccardo

Prinect with SignaStation and has excellent features while Prinergy with Preps has excellent features as well. Prinect support from Heidelberg is excellent and makes all the features productive, plus they have the best screening. Unfortunately, Prinergy support from Kodak is poor with reoccuring problems and therefore makes features practically pointless. You might want to check out the Prinergy is dead... posts on the Kodak Systems section on Print Planet.

My advice would be to try and educate yourself on what you really need, than get demo from both (if you already decided that it has to be one of these two and not Agfa, Fuji, etc..).
Once you get proper demo (make sure you bring the most problematic real life files you can collect and think off), ask bunch of questions here and elsewhere.
I hope that will help you get proper overview of both systems and ultimately lead to purchasing decision. I did it that way and it worked fine for me.

I did exactly what Zoran recommended - except I did not get information regarding the kind of support we would get for Prinergy from other users. You are very smart to do so, and I won't make that mistake again. Prinergy support is poor with ongoing problems the rule not the exception.

You'll hear 'customer installable' a lot - even though no training for that particular feature is provided and sometimes documentation is not readily available either.

Even with a service contract we have to diagnose our own Prinergy server hardware problems as well. Prinergy techs at times have insisted that it was not a hardware problem - only to find out from other printers that its a known hardware problem.

Sometimes it's easier just to ask another printer for a solution first.

Managers are not effective in resolving problems and sometimes don't even return calls.

We have to take time away from working on jobs to figure out a problem. This makes all the features in Prinergy practically worthless.

Prinergy support is self serve.

Look at the options

Look at the options

Make sure you question which options you will need with both systems. Ask what is included or both will kill you with the options later. Make sure to quote apples to apples with the options.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back