Prinergy Workshop and Yosemite

Glenn McDowall

Are there any methods of getting this combo working (even partially) Kodak support said we need to wait till April 2015. At the moment Workshop is stalling with a message that Java 6 is needed, but the link is to a Lion install. Many years ago I used to have to use a few sudo commands to get older Java running.

Are there any methods of getting this combo working (even partially) Kodak support said we need to wait till April 2015. At the moment Workshop is stalling with a message that Java 6 is needed, but the link is to a Lion install. Many years ago I used to have to use a few sudo commands to get older Java running.

This is why I have problems justifying the ridiculous support costs that Kodak insists you buy when upgrading to a newer version of Prinergy. They are in no hurry to fix Java and OS conflicts. Should they be offering Support rebates for the time it takes them to fix an issue?

It is telling you that you need to install the Java 6 runtime (Which is not Java 6 from java.com) which is a requirement for Workshop. You will also need it to run Photoshop and install HP printers so it isn't necessarily a Kodak thing. It should automatically download and install the Java 6 runtime if you tell it to when Workshop pops up the message.

Yosemite has Java 7 installed, I'm not getting any automatic downloads from Workshop. Adobe Version Cue (legacy app system pref) is also popping up a message about requiring Java 6 when I start the Mac. I updated to 10.10.2 yesterday, if I get some time this afternoon I'll take another look, where do I go to get just the Java 6 runtime?

Thanks for all the replies, The information and correct Link was buried in Gordo's website link, but manually downloading and installing from Joe's Link seems to have done the trick, I've also managed to get re-registered on the GUA forums and someone there has posted instruction to re-install Workshop, it seems a bit more complicated when you are running Yosemite, but for now I'm running so am not going there.:rolleyes: Thanks again for the help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back