Print finishes - pros and cons

nickyg

Hi Forum,

Looking for some good advice on what different print finishes are available for book covers, i.e. matt lam, spot varnish, emboss etc and what the benefits / risks are associated with them.

Look forward to your replies,

Nick.

Re: Print finishes - pros and cons

Thanks Jon,

What i'm actually looking for is dialogue with a printer to talk about print finishes, what it means to them as part of producing a book cover, common issues that arise, common file supply mistakes, education on what works and what doesn't, considerations etc...

Anyone out there that can help ?

Thanks,

Nick.

Nick - with respect - it seems like you have a pretty big ask there in terms of someone's time.

If you are a student, you should make that clear, many people will find time to help people learning.

If you are a potential customer, then you really need to be drawing up a shortlist of printers who will potentially get your business and ask them these questions.

Regards,

Laurence

Laurence - with respect - what are you talking about ?

That's the whole point of a forum !, asking, sharing, discussing, opinions, options etc on issues or best practice.

So if i've got a question about Adobe InDesign and it's workings, are you saying that i should forget this forum and it's valuable members with their wealth of knowledge and talk to Adobe instead ?

No need to worry, i've got all the info i need.

FYI, i'm not a student nor a potential customer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back