Printer model suggestions?

ErnieLail

We are looking to step into digital printing and have no experience with digital presses.

Right now we have Ricoh 411dn and 811dn laser printers. When we print on enamel or 100# cover on these printers. The solid colors are moddeled and when printing heavy coverage on those stocks the toner tends to build up and streak. Both printers were purchased new, i think we need something a little beefier for what we are trying to do.

We would like something that runs 100# cover and #80 enamel with quality similar to an offset press. It would be nice to run 16pt C1S as well, but we are most likely on a tight budget. Any suggestions on a model that has worked well for you? I've heard some horror stories about some needing constant technician calls, wana steer far away from those.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Seconded on the good luck. At that sort of budget you will struggle to get anything more than an office machine, which will not really be any better than you already have. Best entry level machine I would recommend would be a reconditioned Xerox DC240/250/242/252, but I think you may struggle to find one at the right price and all these machines will require a certain level of engineer visits from time to time.

Seconded on the good luck. At that sort of budget you will struggle to get anything more than an office machine, which will not really be any better than you already have. Best entry level machine I would recommend would be a reconditioned Xerox DC240/250/242/252, but I think you may struggle to find one at the right price and all these machines will require a certain level of engineer visits from time to time.

Thanks for the suggestions, i appreciate your helpful attitude. Hopefully my GM will realize the unrealistic price range and invest in a better model. Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back