Printer not ready

Darlek

I have encountered a strange error with my digital press (Oki 9800) When I send a job from my workflow I get an error message printer in not ready, check IP address and cables connections. I have treble checked the cable,unplugged cable and tried new cable no difference. I have checked the IP address and this is correct. I can print a test page no problems but sending a job to the machine via my workflow does not work. The job just does not appear in the print queue. The workflow uses windows XP. Any ideas anyone what I could look at to solve this.

Hi Darlek, I have a feeling that problem isn't in printer but in your workflow. If you can ping the printer and print a test page from your PC - generally it would mean that everything is set correctly. Did you try to print something using just a Print driver?

Also if there are PS and PCL drivers available, normally we'd use PS but in rare cases PS is glitching and PCL works - give it a try.

Something else to look into with a MS Win printer driver with some RIPs or workflows, is to set the properties of the printer driver in the devices control panel to print directly, rather than spooling.

Stephen Marsh

Thanks for all your help chaps but I think I may have found the problem. On real close inspection today I found the actual connecter on the PC end the acts as the workflow is loose. I will have to get it fixed at a PC repair shop & hopefully this is what all the aggro has been about.

Just as an added note, a quick diagnostic sometimes comes from just trying to print from another computer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back