Printing ink consumption calculation faormula and its requirement

nikunj

Registered Users
Dear all,

Please share most effective ink consumption calculation formula for offset printing specially for spot color printing.

I have spank formula but unfortunately i didn't have substrate as well as ink specific gravity constant values to feed in formula.

please share if you have any formula or other useful information to resolve this issue.

Please give me direction to solve my issue.

Hostman steinberg have a calculator. guessing it would be more accurate if you used their inks. I've never used it myself.
Hostmann-Steinberg: Ink Estimator

I could be wrong but I would think any ink consumption calculator would only be a rough guideline as to the amount of ink needed. There are too many variables that effect ink mileage.
-Stock, fountain solution, ink, ink/fount emulsion, ink pigment. etc etc etc

This has worked very well for me over the years:

8.5 x 11" coated paper; 100,000 impressions solid coverage; consumption 30 lbs.
8.5 x 11" uncoated paper; 100,000 impressions solid coverage; consumption 45 lbs.

With this, you can caculate usage needs based on the amount of total coverage and impression count.

Again, works very well.

D Ink Man

Sometimes it is difficult to calculate the ink consumtion, I suggest to you to Google , Van Son Ink Estimation where you will find a cover page for yuo to calculate ink consumtion in relation to the kind of paper being used.

I have checked this estimators but I do not understand is it for one color job the estimation?

If you have spot colours, measure the square centimeters of each image, add them up and calculate them per spot colour.
For Type: estimate 20% of the area covered
for half tones: Estimate 50% of the area covered
for Solids: Estimate 100% of the area covered

If you are printing a 4 colour use the percentage cover of the images/ screens.

There is any dependence of ink consumption and fountain consumption?We can roughly say that the increase percentage points are 5 to 1 or 10 to 1?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back