printing problem on textured paper

lashako

Hi there, can anyone help me? when i`m printing on textured papers with Canon imageRunner ADVANCE c7055i colors are not homogenous - they look like scratches on paper.on smooth papers i have no problems - output is perfect.i tried to adjust everything density, contrast,paper options but is doesn`t helps.it prints better,but it is not good still.machine is fresh - about 1 week.textured papers are listed in paper support options - from 91g/m to 300g/m.it doesn`t matter what density has textured paper - is it 100g/m or 280g/m,printer doesn`t prints well.i have to often work with textured papers,particularly with KOEHLERS textured white paper 260g/m.i`ll be so appreciated if someone could help me.

Lashako,

We own a Canon 9065 and to understanding they have about the same print engine. We have NEVER been able to get good quality prints from textured paper, even from something like an uncoated offset cover weight with very little texture. Of course we were told by the sales monkeys that it would run fine...however we've discovered that the prints are unsellable in a print for pay environment. It does do gloss and very smooth stocks adequately though.

I'm not sure what options you have on the 7000 series of this equipment but our 9000 series has the ability to adjust the transfer voltage (from +10 to -10, in some arbitrary unit) when defining a paper type in the paper catalog . If we tweak around with these settings we can usually get it to look better. If you don't have access to these settings on the 7000 series you can always have the technician adjust it for you. They should have the ability to do so in service mode but of course that's probably not a very workable solution.

I've been hearing "rumors" from our technician that they are working on some new drum units for these machines due to this problem but it's only hearsay. At this point I'm advising anyone who's thinking of getting one of these machines to think twice. We purchased ours and immediately also found the need to purchase a Xerox 700 due to problems of this sort on the iR Advance Color machine.

you can't expect textured papers to be printed in a uniform way ... the fusing process of most digital machines are not designed to penetrate in the "veins" of textured papers; they don't have a smooth surface. you may want to buy some textured papers that are specifically designed for digital printing; you might get better results.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back