Printing Variable Set Sizes In Groups

CSimpson

We have a job that we print every week for the school district that consist of standardize test. Currently we are printing 60 tests for every grade and every school. So on a week with three tests the drop would look like the following:

Elementary School A
60 Grade 1 Math Test
60 Grade 1 English Test
60 Grade 3 Science Test

Elementary School B
60 Grade 1 Math Test
60 Grade 1 English Test
60 Grade 3 Science Test

Elementary School C
60 Grade 1 Math Test
60 Grade 1 English Test
60 Grade 3 Science Test

And so on….

We get it to come off the printer exactly like this by printing the contents of a folder which has the three pdf files and sending to a queue on our printer that auto formats the job and sets the print count to 60.

There is talk about printing the exact student counts in the coming school year and I want the work to come off the same way, by school, if possible. So I would like by drop to look like this:

Elementary School A
100 Grade 1 Math Test
107 Grade 1 English Test
145 Grade 3 Science Test

Elementary School B
55 Grade 1 Math Test
63 Grade 1 English Test
87 Grade 3 Science Test

Elementary School C
145 Grade 1 Math Test
122 Grade 1 English Test
170 Grade 3 Science Test

And so on….

My initial question is, is there a piece of software out there that can do this by reading an Excel spreadsheet and the name of the file and generate the proper counts to the printer?

If not or if you know a better way of accomplishing my goal I would appreciate any ideas.

Printing Variable Set Sizes In Groups

You can look into the XMPIE solutions which may be a little out of your price range, or, I can do 24-48hr turnaround and Fedex you a ready-to-go PDF which you can print yourself. All I need is the sequence, qty. and PDFs of the tests. I am very competitive price-wise. Allow me to quote you for it.

Albert Garcia
Consultant
[email protected]

Get a copy of Fusion Pro (Desktop Version)from Printable Technologies. Pretty easy to learn. Will output as PDF or VDX.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back