Probably deciding on Ricoh C5100s

johntheventer

After looking at Xerox 550, KM6000 and 1060l we have looked at the Ricoh 5100s

We need an entry level production machine (Volume about 15 000 large size / month)

They very flexible on copy click price, they very helpful in finding solution, not just trying to sell as much as possible. We've bought from the years ago and where always very impressed with service.

Will not buy finisher.

My biggest question is does anybody have experience on what the registration printing work and turn from bypass is like…?

Apparently double sided on 260gsm from paper tray registration is good - but I want to know about the bypass on 300/350gsm. I am happy with a tolerance not exceeding 1mm.

Thanks guys and gals… sorry about the metric units :)

Sorry - Yes - Work and Turn through bypass - print one side finished - turn - shift image to line up - then print - how consistently does is the image laid down in the same place.

Please take a look at Xerox C75 before deciding: it has impressive printing Quality and paper handling, together with some interesting features to easily register front/back printing and adjust print consistency.
The total cost should be similar or better than XC560 for volumes of 10-15000 colour pages per month.
I've worked for Ricoh and Xerox in the past...

Thanks - Yes, the C75 is only being launched in our country in the next few months - we will definitely be looking at it - I have always been impressed with the print quality of Xerox - although I am fast coming to the conclusion the print quality is really as good as it needs to be, probably for a few years now - digital production now needs to really stop concerning themselves with speed and quality and really attack consistency, reliability and accuracy (registration etc) big time.

The first words out of any salesman's mouth is always something like … "…1200 dpi at 90ppm"… which tells me he probably knows little about production requirements. Im ranting. I know. Im frustrated. I bet you are to right now if you work in the world of print. Ha ha :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back