Problem with applescript

ripit

I am attempting my first applescript and have come across a problem. I am trying to create a folder and have that folder take on the name of the current date. Line follows

make new folder at folder "Customer" of folder "untitled folder" of folder "Desktop" of folder "marjutpoillucci" of folder "Users" of startup disk with properties {name:{theDate to current date}}

It makes the folder but will not put the date in as a name

help Please
Thank you

This worked for me:

set my_date to date string of (get current date)
set my_hours to hours of (get current date)
set my_minutes to minutes of (get current date)
set folder_name to my_date & "_" & my_hours & "h" & my_minutes
tell application "Finder"
activate
make new folder at folder "Customer" of folder "untitled folder" of folder "Desktop" of folder "marjutpoillucci" of folder "Users" of startup disk with properties {name:folder_name}
end tell

If you need advice from real good AppleScript geeks, go to Applescript and Scripting Resources @ MacScripter

Colorblind
thank you that worked perfectly
I will be sure to check out the website also
thanks again

Mac Scripter is a fantastic resource.
It helped me create an applescript that lets me use my filemaker job tracing system to automatically populate a quickbooks invoice.
The time saved is amazing and to think i did it once by hand.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back