Problem with Developement

funlovers,

A little more information is needed from you to address your issue. Type of plates, processor parameters (temperature, speed, replenishment rates) chemistry in use, etc.

Thanks for the reply .... I use The Capricorn Vt or the Ipagsa ART, development is the Kodak Goldstar ... while the parameters that I set are 23 °, 2 speed, regeneration 5 (I have a OVIT 120 CTP)

Sounds like your replenisher is not doing its job. Have you been logging your conductivity from when you replace the developer till the time you start having issues. We had a problem of over replenishment and began logging conductivity at the start of each shift and it gave us a chart of what was happening. This you can take to your plate manufacture and they can resolve your issue most of the time.

the counter of the developed plates marks 670 steps, and I have already changed 3 times development, we checked the handling of development, if the replenishment pump works .... and everything is ok ... no one can solve my problem. I honestly do not know what to do.

HI, Please ensure that when the plate was processing, there are no water flow backward to developer... U can see it when the plate comes out from developer and enter to the wash section. I have experienced that the wash section first pair rollers have no pressure enough or the rollers was wear off.

i agree with HWJJ
check the rollers after the development unit
it may be loosed so you need to tighten it
you can make sure when the plate leave the developer unit
you will see some water backward to the developer so it will not work well anymore

We have encountered the water getting back into the developer bath because of a plugged water drain. We have also had the replenisher lines get plugged. Check the replenisher volume from the pump.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back