Problem with Paper catalog on C900s

steven574

The paper catalog in Command Workstation on the C900s is probably one of the most useful features that I use on a regular basis. With that said, I've run into a glitch that prevents me from changing settings in certain stocks that I built in. Also, it will not allow me to delete the stocks. It gives me an error that says "failed to delete item". I've also tried restoring the factory defaults which is suppose to delete the items I built in, but it doesn't.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem. It is definitely a C900s issue because I have tried changing or deleting items on different computers. The only solution I have found is to ask the tech to reinstall the Fiery on the C900s. That doesn't fix the problem permanently.

Any help is appreciated and if this is a double post, my apologies.

As far as I know, all the patches are installed. I even used remote desktop to check for any updates. It said there were no new updates.

If there are any jobs in the held, printed, or archive that are set to one of those stocks, it will not allow you to edit or delete the stock.
If you're using the internal server for your archive, you'd have to go through and find each one and remove the association.
If you're using NAS then just unmount it, Clear your held and printed jobs and then you should be able to edit/delete any item in the paper catalog.

Also, If you logged in as operator instead of administrator it might not let you edit the paper catalog.

Last edited:
if there are any jobs in the held, printed, or archive that are set to one of those stocks, it will not allow you to edit or delete the stock.
if you're using the internal server for your archive, you'd have to go through and find each one and remove the association.
If you're using nas then just unmount it, clear your held and printed jobs and then you should be able to edit/delete any item in the paper catalog.

Also, if you logged in as operator instead of administrator it might not let you edit the paper catalog.

its simple use a creo controller and this resolve your problems

If there are any jobs in the held, printed, or archive that are set to one of those stocks, it will not allow you to edit or delete the stock.
If you're using the internal server for your archive, you'd have to go through and find each one and remove the association.
If you're using NAS then just unmount it, Clear your held and printed jobs and then you should be able to edit/delete any item in the paper catalog.

Also, If you logged in as operator instead of administrator it might not let you edit the paper catalog.

All files in our held, printed and archived queue are not associated with any stocks in the paper catalog. We are logged in as the Admin.

Are you running your CWS off the RIP or on another computer. If, like most, you're on a remote CWS, plug a monitor/mouse/keyboard into the Fiery. Run CWS and see if that lets you edit/delete.
The paper catalog is stored on the Server/Fiery/Rip whatever you want to call it. The permissions for the file might be incorrect. Bottom line is Ricoh needs to fix the problem for you, even if that means replacing the RIP.

We are running CWS off another computer. I have tried to delete/edit the paper catalog from within the RIP with no success. I will have to speak to my service tech about the problem again when he comes back from training. It seems we may be one of few who have this problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back