Production problems Kodak Thermal Direct plates

Fatboysmart

I just received a phone call from my supplier that there are problems at the US production plant for Kodak Thermal Direct plates. Apparently stocks are running out worldwide and no one knows how long these problems will last.

Has anyone experienced problems getting these plates, or does anyone know more about this?

Fatboysmart

I think what you are feeling is a short-term backorder situation for .14 gauge in Europe only for Thermal Direct. There are no issues at the US production plant. In fact the .14 gauge issue is due to increased demand that we are seeing in Europe and across the globe.

Your patience is greatly appreciated as we have significant supply in the pipeline to fill backorders. This is a temporary situation, and our supply chain team is working closely with dealers and customers to minimise any disruption to our customers.

Sincerely,

Derek@Kodak

Hello Derek,

Thank you for clarifying the situation. We do use .14 gauge plates and we are based in the Netherlands, so it could well be a European problem as you suggested. Do you have any idea how long this situation will last? We have a supply for another 2-3 weeks, but if it takes longer we will have to find temporary alternatives.

Fatboysmart

I think what you are feeling is a short-term backorder situation for .14 gauge in Europe only for Thermal Direct. There are no issues at the US production plant. In fact the .14 gauge issue is due to increased demand that we are seeing in Europe and across the globe.

Your patience is greatly appreciated as we have significant supply in the pipeline to fill backorders. This is a temporary situation, and our supply chain team is working closely with dealers and customers to minimise any disruption to our customers.

Sincerely,

Derek@Kodak

Fatboysmart,

Please post me a private message with your contact information, part numbers you have on back order, and your supplier contact information and I will follow up personally to get you an answer.

Thank you,
Derek@Kodak

Hello Derek,

Thank you for the offer but my supplier already contacted me today about this situation. Currently I have no plates on backorder. Our supply of plates should last us for about 3 weeks so I hope by that time they will be stocked up again. If not my supplier promised me they will find temporary alternatives to keep our production going.

Thanks very much for your insight and help.

Fatboysmart,

Please post me a private message with your contact information, part numbers you have on back order, and your supplier contact information and I will follow up personally to get you an answer.

Thank you,
Derek@Kodak

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back