Project management software for Packaging Prepress / Planning

dub

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or a good Project Management software to track new packaging projects. Basically I am looking for something that engineering, sales, customer service and Prepress can collaborate on for new projects. Basically it would track structural samples, approved dies, proofing cycles, changes, and final approval to go into production.

Currently we are going to be going thru a MIS implementation but the system we have chosen sort of lacks in this sort of pre-production non-linear production of new products.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!!

Project management software

Project management software

I'm don't know what MIS system you're implementing, but most of packaging MIS systems can track die approvals, proofing cycles, customer changes, etc. Depending on the system, this can usually be done through the order and scheduling modules by setting up work centers and processes for each task. What MIS system are you using?

An alternative is stand alone project management software such as MS Project.

We have been developing DataManager since 1993, which has both Asset Management and MIS functionality, or we can digitally interface with virtually any existing MIS system. We have recently added web features to fully support the Structural Design Requests, with extensive integration with Artios and DataCenter. All the Meta data saved on the ARD files becomes available within DataManager to be used around the creation of Items and their Graphic Files.
For more information please visit CSS Group Home Page, or call to discuss.

Thanks,

Steve MacKenzie
1-800-448-8432

I think basecamp suits you best but that's up to you guys if you'd like it. If you ever heard of MS Project, I'm not going to suggest that. It's expensive and its features are present in basecamp. If for some reason you don't like basecamp, you can check basecamp alternatives here.

I think basecamp suits you best but that's up to you guys if you'd like it. If you ever heard of MS Project, I'm not going to suggest that. It's expensive and its features are present in basecamp. If for some reason you don't like basecamp, you can check basecamp alternatives here.

We've had success when we use Latitude as our project management software package. It's a great tool for us surveyors since it has features that could help us better manage our projects, clients information, documents and files, etc.

We tried other software packages like Basecamp and MS Project. Basecamp features are simple which cannot satisfy our needs while MS Project is too expensive and yet we can't utilize all features.

I would highly recommend using Fluxes.com. It's a very simple to use tool with features to run a successful project with even a big team. You can create unlimited project boards, search with any keyword, live chat with team members, add files and notes to tasks, access team members as moderator, see tasks by deadline, create report and many other cool functions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back