Promount 2700

steven574

Hello Everyone. My name is Steve. The shop I work for has a Promount 2700 Mounting Laminator that is having issues as of late.

The first issue is when we are using pouch board. When we put the pouch board through, the laminate will seal to the piece, the piece will seal to the board, however the board actually separates from the foam. We have tried different temperatures and different speeds, but we generally get the same result. If we lower the temperature, the piece does not seal to the board. We have talked to USI about the problem, and the gave us different settings to test, but they did not work. This is an ongoing problem we have yet to figure out.

The newest problem we have come across is when we are using just laminate. We use a standard 5 mil glossy laminate that we have had no problems with until now. We put a 24 x 36 poster through the machine. It sealed the ends of the laminate, but did not seal the middle. We tried different settings, but they did not help. That was yesterday. When we tried the machine today, it seems to be working now.

Our concern is that something is failing on the machine. What, we don't know. If anyone has had similar problems and/or found solutions to these problems, please let me know.

If there is a post about this that I may have missed, please direct me to the proper thread.

Thank you

Steve
Southbury Printing Centre

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back