PURL Solutions: Features you need XM PIE MindFire and others

Hello Citizens of Print Planet,

I am VERY interested in what features you need in a PURL Solution.

Is it reporting? If so what kinds of reports?

Ability to display variable data on the PURL to reflect the VDP print piece?

I am trying to collect all of the features you like in other programs like Mindfire and XM Pie, or features you want and these features are not in any of the current offerings.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Mark Blanton

My first feature..... Cheap! Some of this crap is too expensive, I'm sure it's ok if you live in New York or Los Angles, or Chicago. What about the small shops in fly-over country who would like to offer the mom and pop pizza shop some VDP/PURL stuff? You need to invest so much in software, you end up having to charge more than the job is worth, or at least what any sane individual would be willing to pay.

Oh for a small $15,000 software fee and $2,000/ month maintenance charge you can make PURLS, YIPPIE..... don't forget we also charge $0.89 per PURL too. What's that, you need another license, sure for only $7,000 you can have another user.

How do you justify the extra cost associated with the PURL campaign when you only get a whopping 1 or 2% additional return?

Sorry for the rant, had to blow if off!

checkout printable.com's new rate structure announced last week. 995 sign up fee. 500 annual maint fee starting with 2nd year. unlimited portals, unlimited purls with 1 million purls active at one time and no click charges. if you need more than that, you open another 995 account. either their servers are very powerful or no one's using purls.

stop ranting so much. it can't be good for your system. ;-)

Roger

PURL Pricing

PURL Pricing

Craig and Roger,

It all depends on what you want to ba able to do with PURLs (I hate that term by the way)

You can get a very cheap solution (or even free) if all you want to do is havea name in a URL (John.smith.Widgetinc.com) and then refernce the anme in the page.

More advanced solutions let you vary offers, images, copy, forms, etc based on rules that look at varibles in the dataset.

So I'd say the pricing ranges from free open source solutions all the way up to 160K+ for XM Pie.

If you are looking for a mixture of high functionality and a good price, I'd be glad to show you what my company offers.

Mark Blanton

Roger,

Have you used The Fusion Pro product? Do you know what its capabilities are?

Can it display variable content on the page like you can in the printed piece?

I am the Marketing Director for Printable and my Google news bot told me about this thread. To answer your question Mark, yes, FusionPro Links allows variable imagery and text, even variable flash movies. Feel free to join a webinar to see all it's capabilities. Go to Printable | FusionPro Links to register. (Using FusionPro Links oddly enough)

Hi folks,
Just a quick heads up that you may want to try out the software from DynamicURLS.com. It's PHP 4 and MySQL 4 software / script that you host on your webserver. Opensource and unencrypted for the lite version. Upgrades are about $250.00 max. New platform due out for PHP5 in a couple of months.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back