Quark VPS Plug-In

smcgovern

Can anyone please recommend to me the most cost-effective solution for a VPS output from Quark 7.x. The output solution needs to be universal in machine use as well, seeing as the output will need to be able to run on HP Indigos, a CPP650 with a Creo RIP, and a Ricoh Pro C900 with a Fiery RIP.

Essentially I'm looking for a VPS output plug-in for Quark, and the only solutions I've come across so far are Darwin and DesignMerge. However, are there any alternatives that are less expensive than this route or offer greater functionality/features? No proprietary software please (HP - SmartStream, Yours Truly, etc). Thanks!

We use FusionPro Desktop 6.1 (plug ins for QXP and ID) it run through Acrobat and costs $600.

It outputs a lot of formats so it would probably give you what you need. We use it with a KM6500 with the Creo rip feeding it VPS files. I was able to start making usable files after running through the demo files. So it's pretty easy to get up and running.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back