Questions about Starting Digital Printing Business

linoy

Dear Friends,

I would like to start a digital printing hub with HP Indigo machine, is it worth, what will be the facilities required, financial details.. anybody can help for this.

As with any service/business - you don't start with the equipment. You start with the market. The market will dictate the equipment and facilities you will need to service it.
Have you defined and fully investigated your market opportunity? What about your potential competition? Etc, etc.

In my opinion I would say probably not.

We opened when Staples closed their smaller copy & print shops. There was already a local market that needed printing and we were able to capture a good part of it. We already had space in a larger, shared storefront so expenses were extremely low.

It would be much safer to make connections with other print shops and become a broker. That way you will not have the large overhead and headaches, but can still try to build a customer base.

Later down the line when you feel you have a business that can support the expenditure and commitment you may want to start looking into smaller in-house production.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back