QuickKeys - Newbie

I posted this here and on their forum, in hopes that I find an answer...

I'm trying to make a process to have quick-keys select a folder on my desktop, and then have it open that folder and select everything inside it.

I have it working, but occasionally it doesn't, it goes into another folder.... any ideas why?

I'm trying to get it so that when I drop files into this folder, I hit the key command(trigger) and it will open this folder, then select all and combine them in Acrobat and then let me save it on where-ever I choose.

I then have 2 different crop setting to choose from. - These are working great!

It's just the specified folder part that isn't going so great.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Tequillajane1

Although I dont have an exact solution for you, I wonder if you have considered using automator. It has some neat features for finder manipulation, and Quickeys can fire automator workflows, so integrating them is easy.

In my workflow I have combined the two as well as using Applescript and a neat utility called Default Folder X. Couldnt live without any of them.

GL

--
Daniel

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back