Rampage Help

Lutzie32

I am a new prepress manager at my company and just out of school. At my company we are using RAMpage 9.4 and we have it on two computers. A couple months ago our RAMpage was working on our iMac just fine then all of a sudden all our EPS files, PDF files, and Imposition files are ghosted out and we can't run them through. I tried looking and making sure all the settings are the same as they are on my computer and they are, and still it isnt working. I also disconnect and reconnected the RAMpage volumes and still no luck. Can anyone help me out with some problem solving or know how to fix this? I know its an older version but if I can get some tips I would appreciate it.

Grayed out

Grayed out

It sounds like you put them on hold.
Select the page then the third icon bottom left this should unlock them.

Thom

Rampage Help

Hey thanks for the repost Tom. The jobs are not on hold. My computer can only add and register jobs that we need to run through in order to get our proofs out and to plate our jobs. My graphic designer is on an iMac I used to be on and when she goes up to add a job and finds it on our server she can select it to register because it is grayed out. She can not even get it to go into RAMpage. Any suggestions?

Check if you are running the same versions of Client maybe reinstall it.

A

What connection protocol did you use on the iMac? That version of Rampage needs to use an AFP connection. If you have Leopard or Snow Leopard on the iMac you may have connected via SMB and that won't work with that version of Rampage.

Lutzie32,

Do a "get info" on your mounted volume to see what protocol, afp or smb, you're using to connect to the server.

Example:

Kind: Volume
Server: afp://[email protected]/JobsVol
Created:
Modified:
Format:
Capacity:
Available:
Used:

I see that the mounted volume is SMB(NTFS) and is a smb:// server. What gets me is that it was working earlier. I am running it on my G5 and the running OSX Version 10.5.8 and the iMac is running 10.6.5 which is Leopard and Snow Leopard. How can this be?

I just noticed that my G5 is connected to our volume via afp is there anyway I can connect Rampage to the same volume via afp other than smb on our iMac?

You should be able to just go to Connect to Server and type in afp://[email protected]. I have a MacPro with 10.5.8 connected to a Windows 2000 Server connected via afp along with Rampage 11.3. I don't have Snow Leopard though, which I think you said you do on your iMac. It is odd that it WAS working but isn't now. I don't know this to be true, but as almaink stated earlier, Rampage version 9.4 won't connect via smb.

Snow Leopard doesn't work well with earlier versions of Rampage. You can connect via AFP manually but the connection won't hold and seems to revert back to SMB after it disconnects. It's one reason why I reverted back to 10.5.8 on my iMac.

Well, there you have it Lutzie32. Do you have the option to go back from Snow Leopard to Leopard?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back