Rampage spot color editor

jbarrie

I created some special spot color definitions within the Rampage spot color editor (GOE inks) and added them into the current library. The problem is when we use them they only show up if the Spot color is at 100%, any other percentage and nothing images. I'm not sure what I have done incorrect. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

I created some special spot color definitions within the Rampage spot color editor (GOE inks) and added them into the current library. The problem is when we use them they only show up if the Spot color is at 100%, any other percentage and nothing images. I'm not sure what I have done incorrect. Any ideas?

What application are you using to create the spot color tints (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop?)?
You may try RIPing the page and enabling CMYK (set CMYK to "Yes" in the Output tab of the Rampage RIP profile) to see if the spot color tints are ending up getting converted to process color by the application.

BTW, your post sounds identical to one posted recently regarding GMG's Spot Color Editor. Could be the same problem?

Terry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back