• Happy New Year!

Rampage Transparency

Lutzie32

I am having trouble with my Rampage ripping some files. I am currently running Rampage 9.2 and created the design in InDesign CS4. I have a file that has a Picture above a box which is 4/c, and have the company's logo with a 15% Opacity going between them one every page (This is a 12pgr) i noticed that on the picture the transparency is fine but once it goes down to the 4/c bar it is 100% white. I went ahead and send through high res PDF's and it fixed all but two pages. I have tried everything i can think of (placing the PDF into InDesign and making EPS vise versa, merging layers, rotating, etc). Does anyone else have any

Greg_Firestone

Hi Lutzie32,

I would export the file for InDesign as a PDF/X-1a. InDesign will then flatten the transparencies and layers for you. Or, if you have existing PDF artwork you're placing, you could try flattening in Acrobat to PDF/X-1a first and then placing in InDesign.

Regards,
Greg

Lutzie32

Got it to work...here the file was given to me as a "Spot White" and with the change to paper it worked. Thanks for the help everyone

What About Profitability?

Canon 2022
The Video You Really
Need To Watch

Modern offset press performance comes with several nuances.
Chris Travis, Director of Technology at Koenig & Bauer, shares some details.
View The Video