RBA conundrum

JTS_PrePress

I am new to RBA and have been spending the last few days slowly building what I need and learning as I go.
Obviously there has been some pretty frustrating moments but I have been making my way through with a good amount of success, however this one has me stumped.

I have 2 rule sets.
One is a copy of the other
The first one works just how I want it.
The copy does NOT.
The only difference between them is that one uses a CMYK Refine. And the other uses a Spot Color Refine.

05bWQmX.png

The original CMYK one does everything it should. What is it about the Spot Refine that isn't letting the files copy?

If you can you should set up an email on the "error" portion. You may also be able to check the history of the job that the hotfolder is in.

Thank you both for responding. No, I was not getting any errors. It just wouldn't preform its tasks.
After another evening of hair pulling last night I finally figured it out an hour before going home.
I remade and simplified all the Rules and they all work now.

I'M LEARNING! ;)

JdntB3p.png

I do have another question.
Is there a way to make RBA ask before performing an action?

Currently, when a surface is full we automatically get an imposition output to a laser printer.
Instead, is there a way to make it ask of we want a print out?
Like so:
xH75BTG.png

That way if we were only making a small alteration we can click "cancel" and won't have to waste the time and materials printing out a new one.

I don't believe there is a way to ask if can output the flat but you can put a split in that all pages must be approved or even if VPS proofs were made.

You can't specifically have RBA ask something, and then run based on the response. As a workaround you could make the trigger be a change to a custom field that only makes it run when a "run proof" checkbox is checked.

JTS, Just as Shawn mentioned, you can make a custom field called "Laser Sent" and you would set your original sig full rule to check that box after that rule was triggered. The new rule would check to see if that box was checked and if so it would not send the laser. I have one set that way for our plate report. When someone sends a plate it checks a custom field box called "Plated" and writes a text file so we have a report of how many plates where sent along with other info. If the check box is set to Plated then the filter send the report to a different file so we can tell what plates where remakes and that sends to a text file that gets emailed every day to a front office person that tracks remakes and plates sent. Hope it helps.

Excellent! Thank you Shawn and jminrod. That works wonderfully.
Now I got a new one.

I want an automatic Loose Page Output laser proof for VERSIONED PAGES that are Generated successfully.
All I can seem to get it to do is make lasers for everything in my Page list. I don't want that, just the Generated Versioned Pages.

Can you just add a filter and only pass on successful pages to the laser proof. There is a "Generate Versioned Page" action as well as a "Versioned Page Events"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back