re image backup jobs in agfa rip

Poul82

we are back up our jobs (the tiff files created by backup modeule) in apoge pdf rip and copy it on dvd
now when we are trying to reimage it by copying it on hotfolder
we give us a flush error and move the job to error folder
any idea ?

Re: re image backup jobs in agfa rip

It's a while since I looked at one of these but you cannot put the tiff files into the hotfolder and process them through the RIP. The Rip will only process PS or PDF files. You need to place the entire backed-up folder into the 'to be imaged' folder of the rip. Your folder structure will look something like this:

Job1234myjob\1\cyan.tif etc. where Job1234myjob is a folder with the name of the original job, then inside that a numbered folder for each page or signtaure, then inside that the actual TIF files e.g. cyan.tif, magenta.tif etc.

You can normally find the 'to be imaged' folder inside the 'Raster Jobs' folder which will be inside the 'ApogeePDFRip folder - make a shortcut to it on the desktop or somewhere useful to make life easier - hope that helps

baggie

i put the all dir contains bitmaps in the "to be imaged " folder nothing happend
i try to copy the bitmaps in raster data folder the the bitmap have a extesion like reimage or previw when run the command reimage it's give me and error

I haven't used a PDF RIP in years but I just finished checking the manuals: you should be using the 'official procedure' to re-image back-ups, with the additional contextual menu's.

I do seem to remember that there was a work-around to image just about any TIFF file but have you first of all tried sticking to the procedure outlined in the manuals?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back