Recommended Monthly Volume for Versant 180

I have had a versant 80 for 3 years and I cant say that low volume has effected it. When I first started out my usage was low and it was fine. I did have a problem with the duplex unit however that was sorted and it had nothing to do with low usage

I have had a versant 80 for 3 years and I cant say that low volume has effected it. When I first started out my usage was low and it was fine. I did have a problem with the duplex unit however that was sorted and it had nothing to do with low usage

I think it's safe to say from the replies to my post that low volume is not a death sentence for a Versant.

We've had a V180 for 12 months now, other than the constant issues with the 2nd BTR, the machine is brilliant, does way more than a box of this size should. to be honest I would have 3/4 of them if I had the volume. If you can afford to buy it outright do it! then its 100% down to you to get the right work, small number of clicks or not, its all about margin, don't kill the machine with 100,000's of clicks if your not making money! if you have found a niche that makes you good profit keep running 2k per month.

To me the most important thing is 'Service' make sure you have some good Xerox engineers in your area, we are blessed with two top guys, who know their stuff and response times are 2nd to none.

I can't attest to how good the techs are yet but the service guarantee says someone will be sent out within 4 hours. Sounds reasonable to me.

Cliff,
I really think you are on the right track with the Versant. We do some standard commercial (commodity) printing on our Versant, but the main reason we have it is for specialized, boutique specialty products, for which it is a good machine. The printer sales guy doesn't really understand that a single cardstock sheet coming out of that printer can generated $8 or more by the time we are done finishing it. He doesn't understand printing as few as a 1000 sheets per month could justify having that machine in a production shop.

That's good to know. From all my research I feel it's a solid choice in its price range. What bugged me about the dealer who turned me down for low volume was the dishonesty. Just tell me it's cuz of the clicks not the potential service issues. Pet peeve of mine. I'm very close to making the purchase with the dealer who isn't judging my clicks. :) I'm just looking at office space, vs the prospect of adding a 20 amp circuit somewhere in the house.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back