Regular fuser vs envelope fuser???

discountprinting

What is the difference between a regular fuser and an envelope fuser? Is this unique to Konica or do other manufacturers have separate envelope fusers? (Xerox, Canon, Ricoh, Xante, Oki, etc etc)
If I am running digi windows do I need this envelope fuser? What about regular #10s (no window)?

Thanks,
John

Ricoh c901s
Konica C654e
Oki C9650 envelope press

If you feed smaller (envelopes) paper in the regular fuser, it will leave wear marks on the edges (width) of the envelopes. Then, when you go back to 19x13, you will get lines on the print where the fuser was worn.
Some of the newer machines have a fuser smoothing function on them so you don't have to swap fusers depending on paper size.
My old Ricoh 651 came with two fusers. One for 11x17 and the other for 19x13. Had to swap them depending on the paper.
The Ricoh 5200 has the smoothing function so only one fuser is required.

Mechanically the EF-103 is the same as the regular fuser. The only difference between the 2 fuser types is a short wiring harness between the top rear connector and the temp sensors. You can easily convert an envelop fuser into a standard by swapping the harness out (good to know in a pinch). This harness configuration tells the machine what fuser is installed and the machine makes changes accordingly.

We had a xerox c75, that left wrinkles in the envelope. The v180 does require a seperate fuser, and the envelopes look great, like off the offset press. We are moving away from the v180 due to MAJOR supply chain issues that has caused us no end in overhead. Is any one running envelopes on a Konica?

We had a xerox c75, that left wrinkles in the envelope. The v180 does require a seperate fuser, and the envelopes look great, like off the offset press. We are moving away from the v180 due to MAJOR supply chain issues that has caused us no end in overhead. Is any one running envelopes on a Konica?
Yes, I’ve personally ran envelopes on a C3070, C6100, and 6136, and they all run flawlessly, and without wrinkles as long as we use the env fuser. It takes about 60 seconds and one quarter turn of a screw to switch out the fuser. The only extra time is waiting for it to warm up (which is usually another 5 min).
We actually just got our envelope fuser last week for one of our 2 year old 6136’s.
We originally purchased an Oki to run envelopes, but it’s a terrible machine. We found ourselves running envs on our KM even without the envelope fuser. They ran so much faster and consistently than the OKI, but they did wrinkle. So we finally ordered the proper fuser and now they run without wrinkles.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back