Rena Mach 5 Supplies

printing656

Hi-
Anyone have an economical source for the supplies for this machine? The memjet printhead and the CMYK inks is what I'm looking for. OEM only, unless someone has had reliable experience with non-OEM products.
thanks-

Hi, I was looking for something more economical than the Neopost dealer. When a $200 printhead increases to $400 overnight, there's something wrong.

I certainly understand. The MSRP on our printheads were originally $300 when we introduced the product in 2010. We had to raise our prices last year due to a substantial increase from the supplier that we could not absorb. The print heads have proven to last 2 to 3 times the original manufacturers specification, so the impact on actual cost per piece should be minimal. While we never like to raise prices on our customers, it can occur from time to time.

We print 100% double window envelopes and we're not seeing double the head life. Since the #10 only covers half the print head, we end up wearing out half of the head with the other half never even used. If the machine could be more flexible, we could at least switch the envelope to the other side of the head....

Can you feed the envelopes 180 degrees and use the other side of the head? Does the quality degrade and you make a quality judgement, or does the printer force a replacement?

Dave

Unfortunately the envelopes have never worked being reversed because the rollers end up opening the flap. Our normal feed direction (if running the short way) is bottom edge of envelope in first. When we reverse the envelope (for what should be the correct way with the flap facing away from the printer and top edge first) then the printer starts to open the flap. These are high quality envelopes used day in and day out in high speed production inserters, so I know there is nothing we can do on the stock side to correct it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back