Researching XMF workflow

Angie

I just have 2 very quick questions about XMF workflow:

1: Once the PDF is processed is the resulting PDF still editable? i.e. altering text lines, deleting items, etc.
2: Can traps be edited?

Thanks

two questions, two guess answers

two questions, two guess answers

I just have 2 very quick questions about XMF workflow:

1: Once the PDF is processed is the resulting PDF still editable? i.e. altering text lines, deleting items, etc.
2: Can traps be edited?

As for 1 - Well, I can't imagine that you could not open the step/repeated or imposed PDF in an application linke Enfocus PitStop and edit any PDF file, no matter if it were generated by the XMF workflow system or some other system - I have not seen an XMF PDF 'lately' - but it is not like they are using some raterization approach were all PDF files are converted to bitmaps.

As for 2 - my understanding is that XMF workflow employs Adobe In-RIP trapping for automatic application of advanced trapping that is optimized for each device - so, technically, you are not getting any new PDF that is 'trapped' where there are editable objects. This approach to trapping is applied when the PDF is converted into a displaylist and rendered into the data that the marking engine will image.

Hope that helps.

I used one for several years also, no problems editing the PDFs afterwards or adjusting the trap settings. Both are fast, easy, elegant and cost-effective. I highly recommend the Fuji XMF / Xitron Sierra RIPs!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back