Ricoh 7110x+Fiery. Can't use slip sheets;conflict resolution insists on transparency.

Velociraptors

Fiery operator here, with all my experience on a Xerox 700 + Fiery that was already run-in and set up when I began.

We now have a new Ricoh 7110x + Fiery, and I'm having a few teething issues - worst one at the moment is an issue with slip sheets on all jobs I've tried so far. Currently running a BW D/S job on coloured 80gsm, I'd like a white slip sheet between each set.

When I select anything other than slip sheet OFF, I get the following conflict, which insists on turning the entire job to single-sided on transparency(!). It's unresolvable as it's duplexed in Impose, apart from being the wrong stock.

Is there something simple I'm missing, say a default slip sheet stock that's trying to take precedence before I manually set slip sheet settings?

Bit lost on this one.

transparent.jpg

Last edited:
Never used the slip sheet function, but you could work around this by using the covers feature, or using the mixed media function.

Under "covers" just say "back cover" and select "insert".
or
Under "mixed media" select "new insert" and tell if after the last page.

I don't have a Ricoh, but this is what I've always done on the Xerox machines I've run, and on a KM6500. My current machine is a Canon running a Prismasync controller, though.

Does your machine have a dedicated slip sheet feeder? We had one on our Xerox J75 as well as our Versant 2100 that I select when using a slip sheet. What size are the slip sheets you are using? What is the size of the paper you are running the job on? I have a problem with our Versant 2100, if I want to have a slip sheet that is 11x17 on a job that is 12x18... well I cannot do that. Slip sheet needs to be the same size as the job being printed.

This is all I have to do settings wise for slip sheets in Command Workstation:

Had the same issue with our today. Used the define cover mode below the slip sheet section and it pulled sheets from the interposer

Fiery operator here, with all my experience on a Xerox 700 + Fiery that was already run-in and set up when I began.

We now have a new Ricoh 7110x + Fiery, and I'm having a few teething issues - worst one at the moment is an issue with slip sheets on all jobs I've tried so far. Currently running a BW D/S job on coloured 80gsm, I'd like a white slip sheet between each set.

When I select anything other than slip sheet OFF, I get the following conflict, which insists on turning the entire job to single-sided on transparency(!). It's unresolvable as it's duplexed in Impose, apart from being the wrong stock.

Is there something simple I'm missing, say a default slip sheet stock that's trying to take precedence before I manually set slip sheet settings?

Bit lost on this one.

transparent.jpg

The so-called slip sheet function is an old holdover from the days when people still printed onto overhead transparency stock. The damn things would static cling together like glue so you would use this feature to add paper slip sheets to the output to prevent them from sticking. It's not meant to be used for any other purpose. Many have asked EFI to change this but so far no go. Using mixed media (what xrx used to refer to as Exception Programming) is the way to go.

Use this on our J75 all the time, with no issues. I usually just throw some green paper in a tray (keep 8.5 x 11" green in tray 2 and 11 x 17" green in tray 3) and tell the machine what size and which tray, weight and color are referenced by what was programmed into the J75. Works pretty well for me, even the offset slip sheet mode.

Thanks for the replies everyone, especially deckm00.

I was beginning to suspect that, that the slip sheets were meant to be an odd special-purpose function that just happened to work more widely on the old 700, with the Fiery+Ricoh being a bit more pedantic. It was very convenient.

Glad I can put that one to rest now. Covers/mixed media it is from now on!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back