Ricoh booklet maker 5120 and Plock Squareback trimmer

bcr

Hi folks,

We've been considering various Ricoh devices for our central repro. The new 5310 seems to fit the bill.

We would get this with, amongst other finishing options, the 5120 booklet finisher. We currently outsource most of our internal booklets, reports and leaflets, but along with the Plockmatic Squareback Trimmer this looks like potentially like a simple way of bringing that in-house.

Does anyone have any experience or feedback on these devices?

We have the Plockmatic.
Plockmatic squareback is awesome.
Note: Orientation of booklets is/should be - completely Portrait.
Max paper size is 12x18 for 9x12 booklet max and 5.5x8.5 minimum - for all intents and purposes.
You can 'fold in half' without stitching if you fudge the options. (Turn on booklet at Ricoh, turn off staple at Plockmatic.)
You can also disconnect it and run it standalone. ;-)
PS - When using Pre-Printed Covers BE SURE to describe the cover as the same weight as the text - or the Ricoh will adjust the fuser temp for the cover up, then down, even though it isn't printing the cover, which leads to a significant slowdown in speed per book.
Overall we like it.

Hi folks,

We've been considering various Ricoh devices for our central repro. The new 5310 seems to fit the bill.

We would get this with, amongst other finishing options, the 5120 booklet finisher. We currently outsource most of our internal booklets, reports and leaflets, but along with the Plockmatic Squareback Trimmer this looks like potentially like a simple way of bringing that in-house.

Does anyone have any experience or feedback on these devices?

Have you checked the pricing on the difference between the PBM350e and the SR5120 with the square back trimmer? The PBM350e would be more versatile as chriscozi was describing but I don't know about the cost differences.

I wouldn't consider the SR5120 to be a production-class accessory whereas the Plocks can handle the heavy volumes. It works fine but there are limitations and is more suited to an office environment. If you're going to run a significant amount of heavier covers I'd recommend the cover inserter option wherein you print the covers first and insert them into the stream.

Thanks all. Full on plock system would be overkill for our needs. I just like the idea of square backs. We would be getting a post inserter as well so could insert heavier covers as mentioned

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back