Ricoh C7100X

John W.

I have just gotten the Versant 2100 and allready so tired of it. It has connectivity issues og very very poor registration. Depending on the job its off by up to 5mm. So im trying to return it and get my money back.
If that goes through Im looking at the new Ricoh c7100x with a fifth color as a replacement.
I cant seem to find any ppl in here writing about it though so im a bit puzzled - have none of you guys any knowledge of this new printer ?

I've seen samples that look good. It will be an interesting box. That said, I don't think its in market yet. I'm sure there are some test units out there, but I think its a few weeks from going to general sales.

What csudman said is accurate. Talk to your local production salesperson to find out when a local demo unit will be available to see. There's also a Ricoh VIP Show taking place in Boston on 12/4 where they'll be demo'ing one of these machines. contact me privately if you want an invite.

Ricoh 7100 update

Ricoh 7100 update

I've seen samples that look good. It will be an interesting box. That said, I don't think its in market yet. I'm sure there are some test units out there, but I think its a few weeks from going to general sales.

The printer version is due to be released any day. I believe there are three different models. The substrate specs are amazing. I have a preliminary brochure if you need one.

Art

I saw it at Graph expo and I had a trip scheduled to go to Boulder tomorrow and see it. I sent them substrate for my demo and my local sales person came to my office today and told me they're afraid to run my substrate because they don't have many parts for it right now. They told me I could still go and watch them run their house samples be printed. I cancelled my trip. I saw them run their samples at Graph Expo. They're telling me this machine will be installed end of December. I seriously have doubts being they can't run my samples at the end of November.
It's an intriguing machine. On paper it has a lot of cool features. Just not sure when they're going to be ready to really ship and support it????
I know quite a bit about it if you have any questions.

Ricoh Pro C7100X series

Ricoh Pro C7100X series

Hello all! I'm working for RICOH in Switzerland. We will launch this new series in december, customer availability should be from January 2015 onwards. There are several models: 80 or 90 ppm, 4 station or with 5th station (white/varnish), printer or copier/printer. I've seen this device 2 weeks ago in the U.K. and it will be a very robust machine, built on the successful Pro C751 series. Substrates until 360 gm2 (also autoduplex), 5th station, new toner with a really superb quality. But check the machine out, I'm sure it will be available for presentations in december.

Hi,

just came home from Shanghai, and have seen this machine at All Print Asia. The design is very similar to that of the 751, but the printouts are much more pleasing, even on very-very rigid paper. White output on black paper is interesting, too. Overall, its a quite promising beast, but was a bit overshadowed by the flagship c9100x on the show.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back