Ricoh c901 + vs Xerox 8080

kiran.asiatic

Registered Users
We are planning to have an additional digital printer, and have zeroed in on Ricoh c901+ / Xerox 8080. Ricoh seems to be more economical, but I came to know from other users that Ricoh has serious banding issues. Could any one help me to clear the confusion. We have considerably huge volume of clicks per month.

Run from the 8080! It is the most unstable machine from Xerox we had. Already liked for liked one of them and the second one is crapping out after 400K. Color variation up the wazoo, fuser that stops fusing, but fails to shut the machine down with a fault code. They are trying to reverse the lease on it now.

We are planning to have an additional digital printer, and have zeroed in on Ricoh c901+ / Xerox 8080. Ricoh seems to be more economical, but I came to know from other users that Ricoh has serious banding issues. Could any one help me to clear the confusion. We have considerably huge volume of clicks per month.

The Ricoh will band after about 300,000 impressions and it is next to impossible to fix. The only fix I know of is to replace it.

There are a number of reasons for banding and they all have their fixes. Green Printer if you are not able to get a resolution from your local Ricoh tech message me privately and I'll help escalate it. ( I am a Ricoh employee)
The Ricoh will band after about 300,000 impressions and it is next to impossible to fix. The only fix I know of is to replace it.

300,000 impressions is which we may print in a month's time. I still do have my doubt uncleared regarding the banding. I heard that the issue is not there in the 'plus' series. Does any one have the C901 + installed?

300,000 impressions is which we may print in a month's time. I still do have my doubt uncleared regarding the banding. I heard that the issue is not there in the 'plus' series. Does any one have the C901 + installed?

If your doing 300,000 images. Your looking at the wrong machines.

FYI, first of the year, KM is updating all its boxes and coming out with a 100 ppm machine or something.

CJ

If you are doing mostly text and reports I wouldn't be worried about the banding you wouldn't have seen it even when there was an issue. Like was already posted there are fixes for banding issues on the 901 and the 901+ comes with all that stuff done already.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back