Ricoh Toner Streaks…

kdw75

Has anyone got any ideas on this? Gripper is at the top of photo.
AED7963F-939B-4CF2-8B8C-10E97BCF6F95.jpeg

There are three of these outlines per page. The first ones don't have this, the middle ones do and the last ones don't.
marks.jpg

Last edited:
Strange one, my initial thought was some sort of condensation but I would have thought that would disappear after a few sheets.
Does it show on other jobs? If you run a solid screen is there anything?

Bad paper? We just fought a flaw in a skid that showed as a distinctive pastern when putting down a large screen or so.

When we see this - to quote our Ricoh tech - 'That's just how the engine prints."
:cry::(
We get the same thing from Xerox. That's why I tend to be skeptical when salesman come in promising their machine/service/etc is going to be so much "better"

So I don't have much input other than I know two lines as such if they are less than 1/4" from each other or and running parallel with the lead/tail edge, this CAN be an issue.

So myself, I have only found this to occur with gloss and synthetics. Also generally tords the tail of the sheet and also have noticed it with tick marks on some stock as well. I have cut voltage to to black as well as made the lines straight K if I noticed them being a build such as rich black. This generally fixes the issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back