Rollem Auto 4- looking for pros and cons

Brett S

We are small shop that does digital and offset, and we are looking for a numbering machine to replace our SNS 4000. The SNS has had issues for the last 3 years and every time we call the manufacturer they say it is a board issue and try to charge us 300-400. Currently runs if it is left on overnight, not sure why that helps, otherwise you have to advance by hand using the wheel on the side. The machine is 25 yrs old and they have stopped making most parts. It is time to move on to another machine, a used one. Since numbering is our main concern anything the machine does is a bonus. I have found that the I can get used Rollem Auto 4 for a fair price.

Any pros/cons on this machine? thanks for your help.

Why can't you do digital numbering? We had a rollem and could never get to feed properly. It was a friction feed, ran carbonless all day, just not much of anything else.

About your boards, unplug the machine, pull the cards out one a time and spray contact cleaner on it. Let it FULLY dry before you plug it back in. Go to your local Frys store, and buy the most expensive cleaners.

We do digital numbering where possible but not with ncr orders (unless really short run), really need the numbering for ncr and i don't want to spend a ton. i think we have tried that but i will pass it along to production.

thanks for your help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back