Running Publisher in Parallels

No, I haven't but I do have Office XP (without Publisher) installed and it seems to work well in Parallels.

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

MS Office will run great in Parallels given you have an Intel Mac. It is much cheaper than having to run a separate computer just to preflight and PDF convert MS Office files.

If you're working with Publisher, and Office files in general, you should try using callas pdfToolbox for the RGB to CMYK conversion. At any rate, it's been my experience that the Adobe apps, Office and as Corey said Corel Draw, work well under Parallels. I can't think of an application that doesn't. If you don't want to pay for Parallels then you can always try Virtualbox from Sun. It's free, supports multiple host (and client) OS's and it's awesome!

If you're working with Publisher, and Office files in general, you should try using callas pdfToolbox for the RGB to CMYK conversion. At any rate, it's been my experience that the Adobe apps, Office and as Corey said Corel Draw, work well under Parallels. I can't think of an application that doesn't. If you don't want to pay for Parallels then you can always try Virtualbox from Sun. It's free, supports multiple host (and client) OS's and it's awesome!

VirtualBox works, as does some others, but I think for the ease of use you can't beat Parallels and coherence mode (start menu bar shows up on your mac without the desktop). Office 07 works fine for me on Parallels.

Publisher works fine in either Parallels or VMWare. Pretty much any Windows desktop publishing or Office program will work.

We used to have a Mac and PC on every production desk, hooked to a KVM. A while back we switched everyone over to Intel Mac Pros running VMWare and have been very satisified with the performance and convenience.

Shawn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back