Ryobi 3302 plate clamps

jimas67

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the plateclamps on a Ryobi 3302. When I tighten down the clamps they just don't feel like they are tightening down very well. My plates start slipping out at the slightest adjustment. Help :confused:

The little "half moon" eccentrics could be worn and in need of replacement. Been a while since we had ours, but it seems we replaced those on both clamps.

We've never adjusted them ourselves, but the service techs always say that you can only get 1-2 adjustments out of them. Meanwhile ours have been adjusted 4 or five times each. Still original and the press is a 1999.

I had a 3302 until I had to go out of business about 2 1/2 years ago. I think I remember that there were set screws on the front of each clamp that allowed for adjustment to compensate for wear on those half moon cams.

Also, wear on those cams can be lessened by keeping them lubricated.

Al

plate clamps:

plate clamps:

I had a 3302 until I had to go out of business about 2 1/2 years ago. I think I remember that there were set screws on the front of each clamp that allowed for adjustment to compensate for wear on those half moon cams.

Al

There all correct as i operated a 3302 for years(now i am up to a hp indigo 7000).Also make sure your plates
are the correct thickness.Worn clamps and undersized plates will sure lead to problems.good luck.

This may be advice after the damage is done, but the wear on those comes from overtightening. My 3302 is from 1994, with 42 mm impressions and we have not had to adjust (I just went out back to see what adjustment there is) or replace them.

The common fault is rotating that bolt the full 90 degrees. Trust me, I have not rotated those past snug, never close to the full 90 degrees. We run 5 mil poly and have not seen a plate pull out in 16 years. A drop of oil as often as I have a can out, and all stays fine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back