Ryobi Gone

wld85022

Forgive me if this has already been posted. Today my Presstek service rep told me that Ryobi is canceling all dealer agreements and getting out of the small press line. They apparently have sold this product line to a European company and will concentrate solely on their DI presses.

That leaves Xpedx in a bind. I can't get any info from Presstek on how it will impact their small press line since they are all rebadged Ryobis.

So now with Ryobi gone and Hamada gone (at least from the U.S.), what is left? :confused:

Our Presstek tech was just in the shop, he said he hadn't heard anything about Ryobi canceling with Presstek.

Presstek has a separate deal with Ryobi for their private label branded presses. Ferrostaal will be the new distributor for Ryobi in the USA & Canada as they are in Latin America and several other countries.

We are watching with great interest. Installed a 5 color 23.5 x 30 UV now we are not sure who is going to
take care of things.

Hi Mike,

You made a great choice, I'm assuming you got the press from Guaranteed, right? Your dealer you purchased from will be supporting your press with support from Ryobi either through Xpedx or Ferrostaal.

I doubt any of the four will leave you hanging. They're all reputable organizations.

According to the article I linked in my first response, Xpedx will still service Ryobi machines, they're just not selling them anymore.

I saw an article in American Printer about this, xpedx, Ryobi end distribution agreement | American Printer ... doesn't seem like too big a deal? If I understood right, Xpedx simply decided not to distribute Ryobi anymore, and Ryobi has already been picked up by another distributor, Ferrostaal, so now we're just dealing with someone else.

I think it's the other way around. Xpdex didn't have a lot of say in the matter. Which really doesn't bother me since at least in my city they are a pretty shady bunch. Their website sure is bleak though with no more presses.

I am more concerned about the fact that Ryobi was pretty much the last player in the market and now their product line has been turned over to an uncertain future.

Xpdex just bid on a service contract for me as well. Would never go with them now with this situation the way it is.

We are not expecting service to come from xpedx, there are a lot of Ryobi's around our area and we have 2 other UV presses so as I said we are not overly concerned that there will not be any options . It just is disapointing that a company as large as IP / EXPEDX did not think this through relating to the ramifications
it could mean to their paper sales at shops that were made "uncomfortable"

We are not expecting service to come from xpedx, there are a lot of Ryobi's around our area and we have 2 other UV presses so as I said we are not overly concerned that there will not be any options . It just is disapointing that a company as large as IP / EXPEDX did not think this through relating to the ramifications
it could mean to their paper sales at shops that were made "uncomfortable"

Yeah "uncomfortable" is putting it mildly. X has been trying to get our business for years (now its Presstek and Unisource). They made a bid on service and wanted to peddle paper as well. (3302H/AB Dick 9995). Not really interested after our last service provider back-doored it in the middle of term on contracts and left us hanging with nothing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back