Seeded paper- which one?

Brett S

We received a request from a customer to print a card (either on our Xerox 700 or on our AB Dick press) on seeded paper. There seem to be several venders on the web: customearthpromos, botanical paper works, flowerseedpaper, etc..
Has anyone had any luck with this type of paper?

Thanks.

I've run flowerseed paper several times with good results. It printed just like an offset stock. It is a novelty stock and did not grow any flowers in the several pots that I planted it in.

The thing about seeded paper (I worked with an end user that used seeded paper in a direct marketing piece) - if the end use is to actually plant the paper and expect it to germinate - the heat from the printing process will kill the seeds - so if that is the indended use, I'd go for a tip in. Be careful about the seeds, make sure it won't crush the blankets.

thanks to everyone for your help. The websites I mentioned above say it can be printed digitally, we run a Xerox 700. Does anyone have experience running these digital?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back