Seeking imagesetter film output in Bend, Oregon

FCP

Hello all,

I've been imaging name strips (image attached) for building lobby directories with my trusty old Linotronic L200P, but lost it recently in a move. Does anyone know of a suitable and inexpensive substitute? Perhaps an inkjet printer? I fear an inkjet or laser printer's Dmax might not be suitable for a brightly lit backdrop. The properties of an imagesetter—which is designed for platemaking—worked ideally for this purpose.

Thank you for your help,

Tim

7 inches in length:

Joe Smith.jpg

With backlit film out of an inkjet you should get a rather decent coveradge and then depending on the printer and if you know one or two tricks you should be close to or as good as film out of a CTF.

With backlit film out of an inkjet you should get a rather decent coveradge and then depending on the printer and if you know one or two tricks you should be close to or as good as film out of a CTF.
Sounds encouraging. Any suggestions of a particular make and model of a suitable inkjet device?

Thanks

Hello,

We provide image setting film to the industry and ship to all 50 states and Canada. See if pricing works for you at filmoutput.com.

Mario

Sounds encouraging. Any suggestions of a particular make and model of a suitable inkjet device?

Thanks
I was able to get decent results with Epson inkjets. The background was that a lot of Flexo printers who used CTF went over to Inkjet as a stopgap or a backup when their Film laser went down and they had no money for a CTP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back