Server issues

Hello all, recently I posted about having a problem with Rampage and how it would not see my share. After beating my head against this for a day I have come to the conclusion that it is a problem with my server. The server is win 2003 and it was working ok until a couple of weeks ago then there was a power outage and then was not able to access the server with the admin account that we have been using for the last 20 years, I finally got around that by accessing using the "guest" account to continue working. Well Monday had another power spike and the rampage box went down but will not let me access using server admin account. So if anyone can point me towards a resource or reputable service that can help I would greatly appreciate it! I have a smattering of it knowledge but am mainly just a prepress guy.

Thanks in advance!

Lellio

Although I cannot answer your Rampage question, I was wondering if you have your Rampage server box(es) are plugged into a surge protector?

pd

Yes the server and rip boxes are both plugged into surge protectors. I am able to see my share and connect to it by network neighborhood, just rampage does not recognize it.

The server is was put together by an independant contractor who is no longer in the state. It is a windows 2003 server, I believe that issue may be a permission issue server side. That being said I do not know how to troubleshoot that. I am primarily prepress but have some computer knowledge so have been keeping things going. This is beyond my skillset and am looking for either resources on a fix or somewhere reputable that I can use as IT.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back