Setting share alias in 10.5.8

Lukas Engqvist

Having trouble with an Apogee client not finding a share on one coputer. Keep getting an error saying that \\axserver\hotfolderoot\ is not available.
I get confused by the slashes being ”\” rather tham "/” also the volume is mounted.

I see the folders, so it must be a mapping issue.
Is there any suggestions on how to go about resolving this? Is there a file where I can explain that the path \\x\y\z\ is the same as the mounted volume x with the subfolder y? and/or that y is also a mount on the desktop.

What I also find strange is that even if i connect with CIFS the mount is an SMB mount ini 10.5.8. in 10.4.11a cifs mount is a cifs

Strange thing is that this computer has been working normally before. The operator assures me it just stopped working for no apparent reason (this could possibly be a security update, has happened before)

Tried getting the latest version of Apogee client, but to no avail. All cahes have been flushed and preferences reset (all the ones i know how to reset)

Appreciate any help. :)

Last edited:
Try editing the host file. Go to folder /etc and add the ip and name of the Apogee server in the host file

Hi Lukas

Have you checked in your volumes folder for extra share aliases? Disconnect from all servers and type command control G in the finder and enter /volumes. If you still see any volume aliases in that folder with a SHARENAME-1, SHARENAME-2 that could be the problem. If all servers are disconnected you can delete any sharenames that are left in that folder except your local HDs and it should fix the issue.

The Mac OS will resolve the -1 volume as the actual volume where path based connections like the Apogee may not. This issue drove us nuts for a while with Prinergy until we figured out what was going on.

Good luck
Shawn

May not have anything to do with it, but I've found that every computer that Apogee connects to must have an account that uses "agfa" as the password. You don't have to log into the machine as that user, but that account must be present.

Apogee's networking requirements are inconvenient - to say the least.

still not got the computer working :(
Acrobat check in check out works fine. There must be a hidden preference file somewhere.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back