Setting up an AGFA Accuset1000 Plus with Taipan 3.1.

satoayanami

Registered Users
HI, good night, i had never before installed any system such this one, an AGFA Accuset 1000. I have an Apogee Taipan 3.1 software, i tried to install it on a server with windows server 2003 R2 SP2 and there were the next issues:
Dongle not recognized, it is installed on an ECP printerport and i can't change it to SPP or normal because it is on a PCI card with no jumpers (DELL server hasn't built in port).
I couldn't install the printer drivers wich come on Taipan CD because "it only runs on Windows NT" message appears.
I couldn't setup printer on windows 2003, OS asked to me on wich port is attached the printer, the PAC card is detected correctly, and a port called /./plot/RIP appears but didn't work.
RIP Pilot App shows message: some registry entries are missing, reinstalling software may correct problem.

These are many problems, i want to ask you if some program is missing or some settings are missing too; and i have an old xSeries 235 IBM server on which i can try setup Taipan 3.1 with Windows 2000 server SP4, does this server will work OK or do i need a server with windows NT 4.0?; both servers, DELL and IBM have valid license, what is important because software audits made by BSA. Thanks.

These are many problems, i want to ask you if some program is missing or some settings are missing too; and i have an old xSeries 235 IBM server on which i can try setup Taipan 3.1 with Windows 2000 server SP4, does this server will work OK or do i need a server with windows NT 4.0?; both servers, DELL and IBM have valid license, what is important because software audits made by BSA. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I had a Taipan RIP in the late 90's, Windows NT 4 was all it would run on. Find an old computer and install NT and you should be good to go

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back