Shrink Sleeve

Hi Mitch
September 2008 issue of Flexo magazine has a very interesting article about graphic treatment for shrink sleeves. It will show you around the works. We use a very simple but a bit expensive software from Esko. It is part of Packedge software. I think, if you are well familar with Illustrator and Photoshop and you read the article carefully, you will find tour way. There will always be trial and errors in that specialty. In the early days, I would ask printers to print me some grids on shrink material and I would inkjet on the substrate and then shrink them myself to be able to figure out the outcome.
Good luck.

Hi Mitch,
I am not aware any courses as such but having worked at senior technical levels in shrink sleeves for over 25 years, I have published the first comprehensive technical guide on the subject. You can find details of it on my website Sia Consulting - Shrink Sleeve Labelling. I hope this is of help.
Regards,
Sia

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back