Signastation question

RVNG

Hello Folks,

I am currently being trained on Signastation as our company combines with another. I have only watched signastation in action for a few short hours, but the person training me expressed that any change in page assignments/numbers required a partial/complete rebuild of the entire imposition. I though it was strange because having used Preps for over 10 years it would have been as simple as clicking the page in question and changing its assignment. This doesn't seem to the case, but I would like to clarify the point.

We are (i am) very often changing combo's on montage sheets at the last minute and would not like to have to spend an eternity rebuilding templates with every little count change. Please tell me you can change page number assignments within schemes, in a montage, with out having to rebuild the template from the ground up.

Anyone have an idea how to do this? To my logic, I thought it would have as easy as ctrl+clicking on the particular scheme and simply re-number those assignments.

thanks,
RG

Perhaps I have mystified everyone... Because I don't have access to the Signa Station interface, here is a screen cap I found on google (below) ... pretend its a 'montage' imposition ... how can I change the folio assignments without having to rebuild the impo? I would, in essence, simply like to click on the page(s) and change its number, that's all. Is this possible?

RG

screencap.jpg

I'd like to help but I don't quite understand what you are asking. You can download / install SignaStation and get full featured use (Except output/export) by using it in Demo mode. You seem quite competent and motivated. I suggest you install it and load it in demo mode and experiment with it to see if you can get it do what you want.

The installer isn't very large and could easily be FTP'd if you are between two different locations. Alternatively the install CD could just be shipped to you.

I used to be a Preps user and when I switched I found that SignaStation could do everything and more than Preps allowed me to do.

Thanks chevalier,

I guess what I mean is ... please see the Preps screen cap below, let's say I want to change page 1 to be 8up, not 6up. And then in turn, make page 3 only 2up, not 4up, because quantities have changed. In Preps I would simply click on each page and change its assignment, 2x of the page 3's change to page 1, leaving the result 8up/pg1, and 2up/pg3. This was quiet simple and fast in Preps ... however in Signa Station you have to deconstruct to whole right side of the form and rebuild brand new page groups.

I hope this is clearer, thanks again.
RG

newcap.JPG

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back